Make your own free website on


Diaper 101


Martial Arts

Contact Me


Ewan was due April 10. I figured there was no way he was going to be early as both of his sisters where born after their due dates. Charles figured that if this baby was a boy he would be on time, baby boys being so much better behaved than their sisters. (yeah, right!)

Well, April 10 came and went with no baby. I wasn't surprised. I had a doctor appt. that day and when checked there was no dilation or effacement. Oh well.

April 15th after the girls were in bed I began to have some mild contractions that continued until about 4 a.m. I was able to sleep but not very well as I had to get up and go to the bathroom every two hours. Baby must have dropped.

April 16th; The Full Moon. I had been thinking I would go into labor the night of the full moon. I was right. All day was calm, I washed diapers, vacuumed and got some other chores done. I even had time in the afternoon to read a bit. I contemplated taking nap but decided against it.

About 10:30p.m. I was getting the girls ready for bed and I started to have some pretty intense contractions. I wasn't too sure they would stick around so I didn't mention anything to Charles.
Once the girls were in bed, we watched a movie. The contractions kept coming and when Charles went to take a shower I knew we'd have to leave in a little while. I was confident we'd have plenty of time as I wasn't expecting to deliver until around 4 or 5 a.m. After Charles got out of the shower I told him he should probably get his bag packed for the hospital and let his mom know we'd need her to stay with the girls.
I went and took a shower. The shower was awesome, would have stayed in longer but I ran our of hot water. I'm done by a bit approximately 1 am so I time my contractions for about an hour. They're 5 minutes or closer apart and lasting a little over a minute. I call the Birthing Center a little before 2 am and finish getting ready to go.

About 2 am Chuck's mom arrives from next door. We leave the house about 20 minutes later. It is about a 10 or 15 minute drive to the hospital. We get into town and are driving up a huge hill towards the fair grounds when I start gushing water with each contraction.
By the time we get to the fairgrounds about 2 or 3 blocks away I am feeling like I need to push. I'm grunting and wriggling around panting and really trying not to push because we're still 5 blocks from the hospital. Eventually the urge is too strong and by the time we arrive Ewan is already crowning. Chuck jumps out of the car and lets them know I'm having the baby. They get an OB nurse down to the entrance and Ewan is born, all 10lbs 1oz and 21 inches of him, right there in the passenger side of our car!